Sunday, July 27, 2014

The joy of forgetfulness

One of the curses of Sjogrens is the memory problems. When I was in my late teens, my (now ex-) husband would get mad at me because we would hop in the car to go somewhere, and then I couldn't remember where we were going. We were very mature back then. :/ Even now, I sometimes miss my turn or exit because of that.

However, this inability to remember can be a blessing too. The bullies in elementary school? I don't remember who specifically they were. It was pretty much everyone, but surely there was a ringleader, right? No idea... Also, I really do leave work at work and home at home. I mean, yeah, when work is extra stressful, I sometimes come home and vent, but once I move on, it's forgotten until I go back to work. I don't lie awake at night mulling problems anymore. I sleep well. The joy of forgetfulness, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment